Responsible anglers show concern for the environment and wildlife, and should be on constant lookout for signs of water pollution.
Anglers should always follow the Country Code and take particular care to take their litter home.
Discarded hooks and line are a danger to wild life and extra care should be taken to dispose of them in a suitable place.
- Enjoy the countryside and respect its life and work.
- Guard against all risks of fire. (Small BBQs are only allowed for use by overnight anglers only and must be used safely.)
- Fasten/ lock all gates.
- Keep dogs under close control. (No dogs are allowed on the SWP premises)
- Use the correct access points and keep to the proper paths.
- Use gates and stiles to cross fences, hedges and walls.
- Leave livestock, crops and farm machinery alone.
- Take your litter home!
- Protect wildlife plants and trees.
- Do not make unnecessary noise.
- Respect other water users.
- Take care on country roads.
- Help to keep water clean